Posted By: pmt (Az vyrostu budu velky) on 'ForeignJobs'
Title:     re:summer job
Date:      Thu Jan 18 14:06:35 2001

Jeden tady o voze, druhy o koze. .....
Hey guys, 
I am not sure how does J-1 visa works. But I have spent legaly 1 year in the 
US with j1 visa. Working for government. So i hope they made sure that my 
paperwork is done ok. 

Have a nice day 

> > You will be a J1 visa holder. Once you arrive in the Usa you have to apply
> > for 
> > Social Security Card. 4 months for work and 1 for travelling
> Just to let you guys know: J1 is a student visa, legally you're not allowed
> to 
> work the first year and after that you can only work 20 hrs/week and it has 
> to be directly or indirectly for the school you attend. Of course you should
> attend a school to have J1. 
> The bottom line: if you work with J1 you're not legal. Why bother getting
> the 
> visa then :) 
> >                                                       Stefan
>           Jerry III
> Enough said ...

Search the boards